Saturday, March 24, 2018

Springtime In The Rockies: Rabbit-based Decorations

jazz hands!
I've been focusing on trying to use up my rather... let's say "thorough"... stash of craft supplies. I've already completed a few rather intense sewing projects (not shown) with my cotton print fabrics, but what I feel compelled to share here are a couple of seasonal decorations I pulled together entirely from various supplies stashes over the St. Patrick's Day weekend.

First, Easter T-rex dares you to hunt Easter eggs.





Second, weird pile of bits arranged in a bleached & dyed bottle brush tree sprouting out of a rabbit head mug.




Third, I repaired this yarn doll rabbit that Betty roughed up once in a fit of separation anxiety... within hours of my finishing making it. Now that Betty has left this mortal coil, I guess it is safe to bring back Mr. E. Rabbit.

Before the "accident":



What was left:



Post surgery:

I added a hat to cover the sprung eyeball situation.

I couldn't face making new polymer clay eggs, then painting them. So one row of felt grass and one large egg from a box of wee bits & bobs I scored at the 50-mile Garage Sale last year.

With the doe rabbit the inspired the project in the first place, made my my grandmother.



Finally, this super cool jackalope ornament that was a birthday gift from one of my besties over at Fizzy Party!



He fits right in with the faux chocolate jackalope I made last year and Dale, our resident jackalope, but he doesn't fit quite right on the cabinet handle. I'm still on the search for just the right spot.





1 comment:

  1. Yes to using up craft stash supplies. I too am doing this. Every time I host a party I go through my stash first to see what I already have. I love the rabbits. I imagine you weren't ready to repair Mr. E. Rabbit until now. The memories would have made it hard. Betty is always with you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

It feels so good to read comments! If you're leaving one (or more!), THANK YOU! If you're not... c'mon, already!