Monday, November 17, 2014

SNOW!

Last Monday we got our first snow!  As you can see it was windy, too.



Snowflakes on Bert, my pickup truck.


Then on Thursday night and Friday, we got more snow!  It's been quite cold, too.  Below zero some nights with highs in the low- to mid-20s during the day.

The turkeys are back in the yard.


The garden is officially done.  Eric is ripening most of the last of the tomatoes by layering them in newspapers in a good dry place i.e. the unused shower stall.



Annnd whatever these berries that grow in the yard, they're done too.

We got the wood from the trees we took down in the spring stacked to dry for the winter. We're told that the freeze-drying effect works pretty well. We shall see.


We reserved when one of the big ones for chopping kindling. It changes everything.
I accidentally shot this when I was putting my phone back in my pocket. Strange framing, but I like it anyway and I like that you can see the snowflakes falling.


3 comments:

  1. I love living vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, you guys got it, too! We still have 8-10" on the ground, and the roads...ice, ice baby! Not fun, but not the worst thing in the world. There are cases and cases of tomatoes ripening all over the house here, too, LOL!
    And more snow on the way...best of luck to you and yours, wish us luck, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! Ours is now mostly gone which makes me sad. I really want to have some for Thanksgiving. Sniff.

      Delete

It feels so good to read comments! If you're leaving one (or more!), THANK YOU! If you're not... c'mon, already!