Friday, April 4, 2014

Full Measures

Going back in the time machine before April Fool's Day finds our hero fishing the Missouri River with Osprey Expeditions guiding him to some big ol' rainbow trout!  I'm told that he caught this first one within 60-90 seconds of putting his fly in the water the very first time.  Bigger, wigglier fish followed but were not captured by the camera.  In fact, both Eric Fs (see caption) caught at least eight fish and all but a few were between 18-26" long!  That's his story and he's sticking to it.
The guide and owner of Osprey Expeditions, Gary Fritz, is the father of one of Eric's employees whose name is also Eric.  Yup, Eric Fischl and Eric Fritz; I guess that lead to some confusion on the river.  I'm told that it was pretty windy on the river which is why our Eric looks like he's smuggling his catch home in his coat.  This trip was purely catch-and-release.

Speaking of inches, I got about 14 of them (the equivalent of half to two-thirds of a Rainbow trout) cut off of my hair and have sent that off to Children With Hair Loss as a donation.  I had not intended to grow it out for that purpose again, but I just kept not getting it cut... for 34 months.  I LOVE having a reasonable amount of hair again and even tried a new color this time.  Still brown - what am I, crazy? - but I went from nutmeg to cinnamon.  So spicy!


I chose CWHL because they take color treated hair, but unlike the organization-we've-all-heard-of CHWL never charge the families of the children with "medically-related hair loss" for the wigs.   Of course, there is still a lot of expense in making these wigs, so even if you can't donate hair I hope you consider a monetary donation; every little bit adds up!



8 comments:

  1. Catch and release is good. Looks as if they had a good time.

    So jealous of your beautiful hair. Mine grows an inch every 7 years. So happy you could donate. Nice to learn about a new (to me) worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were catching so many fish that if they didn't release them, they'd have had quite a short day!

    Awwww, shucks. I swear, if Science could harness my ability to grow hair and I could bottle and sell it, me and everyone I know would get to go on a very fun vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap woman your hair was LOOONNG. No wonder you had some serious hair to donate.
    Great looking fish and a very Montana shot. You all are going native.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how people can stand to have their hair that long on purpose! Nothing but trouble.

      Delete
  4. Holy Schnikey, that'salotta hair! (As a crop-topper m'self, I can't fathom how you managed to STAND that! LOL) The cinnamon looks good on you- congrats! Nice lookin' fish, there, too. It must be amazing to be one of those people who doesn't just go around hanging lures from trees...although they *do* look nice and sparkly up there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hatred of the length was not as strong as my distaste for making phone calls combined with the trepidation of finding a new stylist. :) Heck, I just hang lures from my ear lobes. Well, I did a couple-few decades ago anyway.

      Delete
  5. Ha cha, cha, I love that cut & color! I'm so glad that E enjoyed his fishing trip with the guys, and wow! Talk about beginners luck, that was a fast first bite he caught and a mighty fine lookin' feesh. Also, he's beardy now! Montana Mountain Man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lady! Soooo beardy! If he can make it through summer, he's going to have QUITE the real-beard-Halloween-costume!

      Delete

It feels so good to read comments! If you're leaving one (or more!), THANK YOU! If you're not... c'mon, already!