Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Overbooked? Making our Library Space 1D




I have been ogling indigo/brass/wood interiors for the last year or so. I thought it would be hard to sell Eric on this, but it was not. YEY! So, I dug out my paint decks* and narrowed my choices down over a few days while checking out how the samples looked at different times of day. The hardest part was choosing a ceiling color. I did not want white. I also did not want to just carry the wall color up onto the ceiling which is something I frequently do like. But then Eric bought new running shoes and guess what colors they are. Go on, guess. Yup, like navy blue, brass and a warm, light greige. Huh.

I do not have the skills to make an interesting photo of the ceiling and its decidedly not-white or ivory color, so here's this one.

Speaking of lacking photography skills, there is this photo of the walls. 

How about this pic, then? Nope, still no good, but I was excited enough about getting the color up that I took one.

These are a big commitment, so I decided to take advantage of the Benjamin Moore Sample Pints. Luckily, I loved them! They are 2061-20 Champion Cobalt and OC-27 Balboa Mist. Also. luckily my local Authorized Benjamin Moore Retailer sold me the tint for Champion Cobalt so I could mix some Venetian Plaster. WOO!




*This is not true! I had done this way before even mentioning this colorway to Eric. [wink]
______________________________________________________________

THE BREAKDOWN

Phase I
1. Empty that room!
2. Remove base moulding
3. Remove closet doors & hardware
4. Remove the carpet and pad
5. Remove tack strips and staples
6. Remove chair rail and paneling
7. Determine if wall paper is removable
8. repair walls
9. prime walls and ceiling
10. paint walls and ceiling
11. decorative finish(es)?
12. Replace light fixture (back-ordered, supposed to be available July 7)
13. Replace switches and outlets, covers
14, make and install closet shelves, etc.
15. prime existing subfloor x 2
16. pour self-leveling subfloor
17. install LVP
18. reinstall base moulding
19. reinstall closet doors
20. install transition piece at doorway
21. make window covering
22. install window covering

Phase II
1 - ?. Build built-in bookshelves
... Finish last course of flooring
... Add base shoe or other moulding to bookcases
... picture rail

2 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! I love dark walls, and your color choices are elegant. This library is probably going to be my favorite room in your house.

    ReplyDelete

It feels so good to read comments! If you're leaving one (or more!), THANK YOU! If you're not... c'mon, already!