Saturday, December 14, 2013

Well Hung. Stockings, That Is.

So there I was hanging the stockings by the chimney with care and when I stepped back I saw this.



That's no way for stockings to hang, especially stockings that I spent time patterning and making.  This is the way for stockings to hang.



I figured out that if I put something in there, they'd hang nicely.  Mine (the red boot) has a paper towel tube in it and the Beastie Grrrlz' (the black paws) have half of the top of an egg carton. Why do I have egg carton tops? Well after using the bottoms for fire starters, I keep the tops and tabs around for when the fire needs a little boost... or when the Christmas stockings hang funny.



Two last bits of information:
1. Eric's stocking (the black boot) is a stiffer material and just naturally hangs well.
2. Of course, I will remove the inserts on Christmas eve so Santa doesn't have to deal with them; he's a very busy man.



No comments:

Post a Comment

It feels so good to read comments! If you're leaving one (or more!), THANK YOU! If you're not... c'mon, already!