Friday, July 28, 2017

Whose Poop Is This, Anyway? + Fruiting Tree



It's been quite awhile since I have come upon some mystery scat, but on Wednesday I did. Right in my own dang driveway!




I was heading out to round up Delia for her morning fetch sesh, but instead of finding her in the first three spots-where-chipmunks-hide where she can usually be found these days, I found this turd near the shop. It's not one of hers... she does her dog business off in the tall grass... she values her privacy.



And it certainly wasn't dropped by the same critter that sneaked in to eat EVERY LAST ONE OF THE CHERRIES on our tree within 24 hours of me even seeing that we had a tree full of cherries. Or at least it wasn't shortly after eating them... this thing is FIRM.



Yes, I went out a day or so after noticing the cherries to pick them and it took me a second to find the tree, because NO CHERRIES. NOT A ONE. It was just a green blob like all the others. Even those that had fallen on the ground were sucked right up. Sigh.



3 comments:

  1. Dang! Living in nature is so wildlife-y! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. That looks like bear scat. If you were in a slightly more urban area, I'd rule it out, but...bear.
    Unless it's Sasquatch scat. Totally could be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerk faces eating all your cherries. I mean come on, they couldn't even leave you a bowl full.

    ReplyDelete

It feels so good to read comments! If you're leaving one (or more!), THANK YOU! If you're not... c'mon, already!